The Seahorse XFe24 Analyzer measures OCR and ECAR of live cells in a 24-well plate format. These rates are key indicators of mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis and provide a systems-level view of cellular metabolic function in cultured cells, islets, and ex vivo samples.
- Real-time Results- this integrated system reports metabolic rates in just minutes, without sample extraction or labeling. Wave software controls the instrument and performs rate measurements on the fly for same day results.
- Live-Cell Responses – detect responses to substrates, inhibitors, and other compounds in real time via the 4-port injection system and automated mixing while maintaining physiologic temperature (37oC).
- Sensitive- analyze as few as 10,000 cells per well in the custom 24-well plate. Cell number requirements vary by cell type; consult the Cell Reference Database for details. The 24-well microplate and system has capacity for larger and/or more metabolically active samples than the 96-well system.
- Analyze function of islet or other mobile samples with the Seahorse XF24 Islet Capture Plate
- Measure mitochondrial function with the Seahorse XF Cell Mito Stress Test
- Generate a metabolic phenotype within one hour with the Seahorse XF Cell Energy Phenotype Test
- Determine the ability of cells to use the glycolytic pathway to meet energy demand with the Seahorse XF Glycolysis Stress Test
- Quickly determine dependency of cellular energy production on mitochondrial substrates with the Seahorse XF Mito Fuel Flex Test
- Easily create assay protocols and analyze data with Seahorse Wave software
- For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Enhance your research with a 24- or 96-well format instrument